How was your day?

Posted by Sharon Labels: , , , , ,

Yesterday was Father's Day and, although my father has been gone for many years now, the day brought many memories back. I reminisced (to myself) about my childhood on the Diamond Dot Ranch with my parents and my brother. Those were happy times.

Brother Harold, Dad, Mom and I (1954)
These days I am trying to be happy. My last two blogs on Reinin', Ridin' and Writin' were not cheerful and this one is going be - even if I have to make a big effort... So, since there is nothing on the planet more joyful than young things, especially foals, I chose that as my focus. I would spend time with the mares and foals to re-kindle my spirit.

First I walked into the pasture with my camera to find Destiny, Whiskey, Easter and Timber. "The boys" are together now and lovin' it. They are very close in age and will grow up together. These are a few of the photos I took when I hung out with them.

Wildwood Destiny and Wildwood N Whiskey

Poco Easter Lena and Wildwood Timber Wolf

Wildwood Timber Wolf
Wildwood N Whiskey - 2 months
Wildwood Feather is in a pen with her mother, Silk. At only 11 days old, she is too young and delicate to play with the boys yet but I led Silk to the picnic area under the trees to munch on grass. It was the first time Feather had had so much freedom and, after tentatively testing the distance between her and her mother, she happily explored - the hitching rail (which she ran into!), the hammock (which fortunately she didn't run into!), the wheelbarrow of flowers, trees, clumps of grass - always spinning away and dashing in a wild circle around Silk and I. Who could not feel joy watching such carefree fun?
Wildwood Soul O Silk and Wildwood Feather
Feather at 11 days

Feather running for the pure joy of it!
And that was my day - quiet but quietly satisfying - a little healthy nostalgia and a little quality time with my mares and foals. How was yours?

0 comments: