Easy Day at 'Easy Go'

Posted by Sharon

In the spirit of the last post, I continue to live in the present and, since my present almost always includes horses, yesterday was no different in that respect. But yesterday was more than the usual feeding and caring for my horses. Yesterday I ventured out of the Chilcotin (but only as far as the Cariboo) to a gathering of horses and horse lovers in the indoor arena at Easy Go Ranch. I admit I needed a gentle push from a friend but I did go . . . Crystal and I arrived without horses and left itching to ride. Since neither of us has an indoor at home and our arenas look more like skating rinks, we had to be satisfied with soaking up the ambiance in that arena.

100 Mile Sliders Reining Club is an active group of riders interested in reining. To that end, they meet with their horses to exchange ideas but more importantly, to connect with others with a like interest. I had not met most of the riders and spectators at Easy Go Ranch but it didn't take long to see they were friendly and enthusiastic. I had brought may camera and, though the light is poor in an indoor, I managed to get some shots that conveyed what I perceived - a group of happy riders and horses.




Elli of Easy Go Ranch on her good mare, Porsche

Of course I couldn't restrain myself from coaching (although I waited to be asked!) as in photo above. It was fantastic to see this little mare try to spin after only a few minutes and a few tips. I never cease to get a thrill out of seeing "training on a program" work! Another learned to drop his neck with leg pressure. Another learned to relax a little. Made my day...

3 comments:

  1. Verna

    Really like the new look Sharon. Don't know how I missed March 8...

  1. Sharon

    Yeah, Verna - I thought it was time for a change... I tricked you on the March 8 post - mid-week!

  1. Tanya

    Hello Sharon, I was the one who had my fuzzy boy Monty that responded so quickly to drop his head to leg pressure. I was THRILLED by your tips.... Thankyou so very much! I enjoy reading your tips also. Hope to meet again, Tanya