Every Day is a New Day

Posted by Sharon Labels: ,

It’s been a real struggle for me to post on this blog for some time now. I just didn’t feel like writing about my life and I didn’t ‘see’ anything worth writing about either. It isn’t writer’s block; it’s just a block. I guess you could say I lost my mojo and I can see it’s going to take a supreme effort on my part to find it again.

I’ve always been the kind of person that thrives on a well-laid plan. If I have a plan, I have a plan of attack, so to speak, something to look forward to, to complete. With that in mind, I committed to taking a photo every day, not just any photo but one that awakened something in me, that touched me in some way. It meant I would have to ‘look’ for that photo, ‘look’ at things around me. I started January 1, 2013.

And so I have seven photos, one for each day of the new year. I am putting them in a slide show presentation with date and a short caption with music background. Will these photos tell me something? That remains to be seen, but in the meantime, I look forward to finding a photo of the day. I’ve discovered there is always something new.

I don’t intend to post every one for the year but because I am trying desperately to start posting again, these photos seemed to be a good start. 

January 1, 2013: My beautiful babies, Perfect and Cameo
January 2, 2013: A pink morning...
January 3, 2013: A lone cow trying to find something to eat...
January 4, 2013: Peppers in the snow...
January 5, 2013: The sun setting on another day...
January 6, 2013: If this old rake could speak...
January 7, 2013: Mischa playing in the snow...

I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions but I suppose, in a way, I made one. Let's see if I can keep it.

0 comments: