Learning

Posted by Sharon Labels: , , , , , , ,

OK. There was definitely a learning curve to the process of publishing a book. If I ever thought writing the book was end of all the work, I stand corrected. Also working long distance with the publishing company presents a whole new set of challenges.


First of all, I had to come the terms with the fact that I would never be done editing. Every time I read it, I could change something. I had to put the book to bed.

The next issue was the cover. I wanted it to whisper a hint of the content of the book and still attract readers. After a lot of time on the computer and several phone calls and emails, I settled on a photo I took myself with the aid of a tripod and timer. I have finally approved the cover for A Life With Horses and I like it!

Now the real work begins - letting the public know about A Life With Horses. Ridin', Reinin' and Writin' is one of the first ways I am doing that. It is also an outlet for the writer in me and a cool tool to keep in touch. Talk later.

5 comments:

  1. Verna

    Harold and I were just playing (by phone) - will be interesting to see if you get this!

  1. Verna

    Be patient with us - we're just learning!

  1. Sharon

    Got it, Verna! Us old folks can still learn something!

  1. Verna

    Sharon - you are doing such a great job on your blog. I am envious of your many talents!! And if we were closer, I'd be camped on your doorstep with my November purchase, Gunner. It is too slippery to do much with him (or perhaps I am just leary of a slip/fall??) so have been taking it easy - bareback, walk, trot, bend, in a snaffle. He seems so heavy compared to what I like and am used to...HELP!!!

  1. Sharon

    Thanks for the complement re: blog. You have many talents too, my friend! I am enjoying the blog and look forward to finding something to write about every week. You should start a blog. You have lots to write about, I know...
    Tell me more about Gunner. Maybe you should email and send a photo? I, too wish we were closer, but not just for riding...miss visiting over coffee.
    Too slippery here too. I tried to ride Wolf today in the arena but it was dangerous at a walk! Do be careful. Spring can't be far away now.