Revealing

Posted by Sharon Labels: , , ,

Today I received the first order for A Life With Horses. The book is not available yet, but how wonderful to get that first order...and how frightening! It's one thing to write a book about one's life; it's quite another to publish it for all to read! Some may criticize my writing style; some may question the content; some may just not like the book. But, though criticism is not pleasant, that is not what frightens me. When A Life With Horses circulates, a significant piece of me goes with it.

If I had started this blog when I started writing A Life With Horses, (I should have!) the posts would have been saturated with emotion. It was not always an easy ride. Though I never intended the content to be sad, some memories were painful and I cried many tears - every time I re-read the passages! Some are funny too, or emotional. I realized (and ultimately submitted to) the fact that my personality, values, and innermost thoughts had crept into the pages. What began as a collection of stories about horses in my life became also a story of my life with horses and the story was impossible to tell if I didn't reveal myself. So be it. It is what it is now.

"Drama, instead of telling us the whole of a man's life, must place him in such a situation, tie such a knot, that when it is untied, the whole man is visible." ~ Leo Tolstoy

0 comments: