Fearless

Posted by Sharon Labels:

It is my wish for myself that I could be FEARLESS.

The dictionary would describe FEARLESS as being "unafraid", "without fear" and it does mean that, but it means much more to me - FEARLESS means being afraid and doing it anyway! FEARLESS is living with your fears.

FEARLESS is climbing on a colt for the first time when I know he could throw me and FEARLESS is trail riding alone when I know I could get lost or hurt, but FEARLESS goes far beyond that. For me, FEARLESS also means facing all the scary things in life - leaving home, falling in love, falling in love even if you've been hurt, having a child, saying goodbye, crying into your pillow, crying in front of the world, fighting for what you believe in and, most importantly, admitting guilt and wrong-doing.
I think FEARLESS is also not believing someone who is not sorry no matter how many times he or she has said they are.
FEARLESS can also be standing up for an unpopular opinion if it's your opinion, not backing down to ridicule, guilt trips or anger.
FEARLESS is getting back up every time you are knocked down... even if you expect to be knocked down again.

Have I achieved a FEARLESS state? It's a process. I can think of twice when I was downright terrified - when a grizzly lunged after me in the mountains and when a trusted friend turned on me. I didn't like the feeling.

0 comments: