Out With the Old, In With the New

Posted by Sharon Labels: ,

"Out with the old, in with the new" is a pretty common phrase around this time every year, but I won't say that at the beginning of 2011 or any other year. I kind of like "the old". Although I look forward to 2011 and do look ahead, the "old" has been kind to me. I managed my business by myself, I successfully showed my stallions, I stayed out of hospitals and off of medication, I published a book, I spent quality time with friends and most of all, I loved my life. I am grateful.

What does 2011 hold for me? More of the same, I hope. I will welcome each day. It is a gift. I will embace each experience and look for new ones. I will spend time with my family and friends. I will even appreciate my aches and pains because they tell me I'm alive.

Alive. That's what it's really about. Really alive. There is so much life around me - my horses, my garden, birds, trees - the list is endless. And there will be new life in the spring - five new foals! What a gift that is!

One 2010 blog post I titled "The Stars are Aligned" where I talked about 2011 Wildwood Reining Horses landmarks, but the post I try to live by each day is the one called "Alive and in the Present". To see and hear with a newness born of being aware of the present is really being alive. Hard to do when things go wrong, but oh, the rewards!

I finished off my blog for 2010 with a whimsical, somewhat spiritual piece about connections, prayers and faith. I don't make New Year's resolutions but, as I embark on a journey into a new year, I'm going to try to hold on to that..

0 comments: